Sunfish Charters Tauranga
Tauranga’s premier fishing and boat charter company specialising in Game Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Diving, Sports Fishing and Sightseeing.
Rely on personalised service for your day or overnight trip, or extended live-aboard charter, where novice and experienced anglers, dive enthusiasts and sightseeing groups are catered for.
Sunfish Charters’ 12 m purpose-built Sportsfisher is a true blue-water charter boat designed for serious game fishing and offshore deep sea fishing. Licensed to carry up to 18 passengers in enclosed waters and 12 passengers offshore.
This charter boat, with its 110sq ft cockpit can comfortably accommodate 7 anglers or 8 divers.
Half Day, Full Day, Overnight & Multiday Fishing Safaris
Big Game Fishing
- While visiting the Bay of Plenty, take on the challenge of landing one of NZ’s big pelagic game fish: – blue & striped marlin, spearfish, yellow fin tuna, mako & other shark species as well as smaller fish like mahi mahi and tuna that make excellent eating.
- On extended charters, (weather permitting) night drifting is recommended for the elusive broad bill swordfish – one of the most powerful game fish (pound for pound) in the sea.
- If you are serious about big game fishing, then a 4 to 5 day game fishing safari is recommend to give you and your companions quality time amongst the big fish (while saving you money on your land based accommodation).
- Sunfish 1, based in Tauranga, carries a large array of electronic navigation and fish finding equipment together with the very latest and best Penn International reels and Kilwell “live fibre” game rods to maximise your chances of success.
Bottom Fishing and Sports Fishing
- Target fast moving sports fish such as kingfish and trevally; enjoy the sport of a big kahwai on light tackle, or test your bottom fishing skills on snapper, terakihi, hapuka, gurnard, grouper and others.
- Get the best of both worlds with a 24 hour trip – fish the afternoons and changing light followed by a night drift for broadbill swordfish (weather permitting) then be in the right spot in the early morning to catch the best feeding time.
Passenger Capacity: Half and Full Day Fishing = 12 people. Overnight = 6 people.
What to bring: All you need to bring are some snacks or food and any alcoholic drinks together with your favourite music (CDs, DVDs, i-pods or Mp3 players).
What is included: The price for fishing charters from Tauranga includes the use of the latest top class fishing gear for big game fishing, sports fishing and bottom fishing.
PO Box 16093, Tauranga 3147