Archive for September, 2013
Paddlefish Tasmania conducts a variety of tours. From Bay, Beach & Estuary tours utilising the Lower Derwent River and it’s surrounds fishing for a variety of saltwater species including flathead, salmon, couta and Squid.
Sportsfisherman can also challenges themselves to Tasmania’s premier fish species, Trout & Bream.
Big River Bream tours operate out of the championship waters of the derwent with big Black Bream and sea run trout available.
For trout fishermen, or those looking for the ultimate challenge a variety of waters including rivers, lakes and dams are all available to be fished to capture this elusive and rewarding species. Tours operate with a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 4. Tours operate for between 5-6 hours with a full day option available.
All equipment is supplied including new Hobie Quest 11 paddle kayaks and shimano rods and reels.
Tackle is provided by quality suppliers, Cranka and Strike Tiger. Refreshments are supplied, as well as pick up and drop off by request. Just bring a sense of adventure and suitable clothing (or we can help you with that as well)
Price : $150 for half day, $200 for full day, $250 for specialty tours
Minimum Passengers: 2 persons
Maximum Passengers: 4 persons
Departure Time: 8am, 12pm, 4pm
Return Time: 1pm 1/2 day, 4pm, full day
Charter Inclusions for a fee: hats, sunglasses and clothing
Charter Inclusions for free: All Kayaking, fishing and safety equipment. Refreshments also included
Terms and Conditions: Participant Disclaimer and Waiver Conditions.
Both Kayaking and fishing involves inherent dangers and risks, including risk of injury or death to the participant. While your tour guides are skilled and experienced, due to the nature of fishing and kayaking in particular, PADDLEFISH TASMANIA is unable to be in any way responsible for any injury or death of the participant. Due to the location of the tour, medical aid or evacuation can be delayed for hours.
Please carefully read PADDLEFISH TASMANIA terms and conditions, which include important information regarding the risks and dangers of Kayak Fishing, outline your rights and obligations, and limit PADDLEFISH TASMANIA liability. PADDLEFISH TASMANIA terms and conditions apply to the extent permitted under law, including under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), and should any clause or part of any clause be in any way unenforceable, invalid or illegal, it is to be read down so as to be enforceable, valid and legal. If this is not possible, the clause (or where possible, the offending part) is to be severed from these terms and conditions without affecting the enforceability, validity or legality of the remaining clauses (or parts of those clauses) which will continue in full force and effect.
1. Bookings can be made only by submission of full payment per person. Reservations may be made for a specific tour type, time and date but may be cancelled in the event of a paying Booking.
2. These terms and conditions are not binding on PADDLEFISH TASMANIA until your booking is accepted and confirmed in writing. PADDLEFISH TASMANIA reserves the right to accept or deny services to any person for any reason, including due to minimum number requirements, safety and medical reasons.
3. You agree that your tour is subject to PADDLEFISH TASMANIA minimum number requirements and to water and weather conditions. You agree that PADDLEFISH TASMANIA may cancel your booking immediately at its sole discretion:
3.1. if you have not paid the balance of your tour cost by 7 days before departure your reservation will be cancelled and the tour advertised as available.
3.2. for any reason before departure or during your tour, including due to the change in water and weather conditions and failure to meet PADDLEFISH TASMANIA’s minimum number requirements. In this instance, PADDLEFISH TASMANIA will refund all payments made by you, however you agree that PADDLEFISH TASMANIA will not be liable for any further amounts, including for any additional expenses incurred by you due to such a cancellation.
4. You agree that PADDLEFISH TASMANIA is not liable for any refund or additional costs incurred by you if:
4.1. you, for any reason, arrive late or leave a tour early (including if you have been asked to leave the tour early by PADDLEFISH TASMANIA due to you not following their instructions and safety rules); or
4.2. Additional changes to planned itineraries occur for a reason beyond PADDLEFISH TASMANIA control; or
4.3. you are offered a Voucher to the value of your tour cost or place on the next available tour to your tour cancelled under clause 3.2.
5. If you cancel your tour:
5.1. Less than 14 days prior to departure, you agree to forfeit 50% of your tour cost if replacement participants are not found for the full tour cost.
5.2. Less than 7 days prior to departure, you agree to be liable for 100% of your tour costs.
6. You agree to abide by the instructions and safety rules of PADDLEFISH TASMANIA and your tour guides, and accept that due to safety reasons your continued participation is at the sole discretion of PADDLEFISH TASMANIA and your tour guides.
7. You agree that PADDLEFISH TASMANIA and your tour guides may procure emergency medical or rescue services on your behalf should you become injured or ill or unconscious, and you agree to:
7.1. pay for any emergency medical or rescue services procured on your behalf; and
7.2. indemnify PADDLEFISH TASMANIA for any costs paid by PADDLEFISH TASMANIA for such medical or rescue services.
8. Bookings are transferable. PADDLEFISH TASMANIA reserves the right to accept a replacement participant should you wish to cancel your tour, however it may do so at its sole discretion.
8.1. Subject to availability;
8.2. a signed RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMATION OF ALL RISKS being received by PADDLEFISH TASMANIA from the replacement participant.
9. The cost of your tour does not include, unless stated in writing by PADDLEFISH TASMANIA, the cost for any airfares, travel insurance, extra meals, and any items listed in Annexure A.ol,
10. You agree, unless you indicate otherwise to PADDLEFISH TASMANIA in writing or on the RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMATION OF ALL RISKS, that PADDLEFISH TASMANIA may take photographs or video of you during the tour, and you agree that PADDLEFISH TASMANIA may use parts or all of such photographs or video in promotional activities in any media throughout the world in perpetuity.
11. You agree, unless you indicate otherwise to PADDLEFISH TASMANIA in writing or on the RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMATION OF ALL RISKS, that PADDLEFISH TASMANIA may use your contact details to send you promotional materials (which you may subsequently choose to unsubscribe from).
12. The laws applicable in Tasmania govern these terms and conditions, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tasmania and any courts competent to hear appeals from those courts.
13. In the event of a dispute with PADDLEFISH TASMANIA, you agree that:
13.1. a decision of an arbitrator governed by the laws of Tasmania shall be binding; and
13.2. any ruling against PADDLEFISH TASMANIA will be limited to the cost of your tour.
You are responsible to purchase for, and/or require to bring, for the duration of the tour:
• Accommodation in Hobart (before and after the trip)
• Travel insurance
• Replacement meals and beverages if provided meals and beverages do not meet your dietary requirements, allergies or beliefs.
• Clothing [specified on the clothing list]
• Additional personal items such as toiletries etc
• Additional fishing equipment if the equipment provided does not suit your needs in regards to ability or amount
Tour operator and owner Nathan Meyers is a Tasmanian local, living his entire life in the state.
Having lived and fished all around the state his experience and expertise is extensive.
By operating small tours the utmost attention is paid to creating a unique experience, tailored to each group.
Our focus is not only on fishing, but enjoying Tasmania’s natural environment.
What to bring: This section has not been completed yet.
What is included: This section has not been completed yet.
Hobart, Tasmania Australia 7000